Hunting Rifles Overview
PROOF Research is setting new standards for hunting rifles by providing a rifle system that is much lighter to carry and more accurate at longer ranges. We start with a PROOF carbon fiber wrapped barrel matched to our H6 bolt action and combine it with a PROOF composite hunting stock. The entire rifle is finished and customized to each shooter’s personal specifications. The result is one of the finest, most accurate, light weight hunting rifles on the market today.
- The Stock
- Every PROOF hunting rifle is built with our own composite stocks which are lighter weight, stronger, and more stable than most traditional stocks. We use a similar process as that of Formula 1™ racing cars—strong, light, and incredibly high performance.
- The H6 Proof Research Bolt Action
- Our H6 bolt action is custom-built for us by Defiance Machine in Montana. Defiance is renowned for their expertise in machining some of the world’s finest rifle actions and the PROOF H6 action is a testament to their quality, weight, and performance.
- The Finish
- PROOF custom finishes every rifle to meet the specifications of the shooter. We typically use and recommend Cerakote® ceramic finishing for all metal components. There is also a wide range of colors and finishes to choose from for your stock, including custom artwork and other finishes.
- The Barrel
- Any hunter or shooting enthusiast can appreciate a light weight rifle that is both accurate and durable. Only PROOF can offer our patented carbon fiber wrapped barrel providing incredible accuracy at a fraction of the weight.
- The Components
- From optics to triggers, every PROOF system is finished and tuned individually using some of the finest components available. Optics such as Swarovski, Zeiss, Schmidt & Bender, and Premier Reticle are used along with triggers from Jewell and Timney to complement each rifle system.
- The Bedding
- The bedding of a rifle is one of the most overlooked aspects of a well-made rifle. PROOF’s “Extreme Accuracy Bedding” requires the same resins and composites in the stock to be used in the bedding. This insures that the entire system shares the same physical and mechanical properties under recoil. The result is a more stable and consistent platform.