Come join our Team! We are currently hiring for an Accounting Technician.
Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / About / Careers
Under general supervision, performs responsible accounting support and administrative work in the preparation, processing, maintenance and verification of accounting documents and records, such as utility billing, business license renewal, payroll and/or accounts payable/receivable; and performs related duties as assigned. Under direction, Accounting Technician II perform the full range of assigned duties in the accounting technician function. This class differs from the lower-level class in the skill level required and the complexity, variety of assigned tasks and independence with which work is performed.
1. Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1-2 years related experience in a related position preferred. Other equivalent education and relevant experience will be considered.
2. Proven ability to demonstrate knowledge of Accounting principles and functions.
3. Manufacturing accounting experience preferred, but not required.
4. Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and HRIS database preferred. Ability to work in an MRP system.
5. Demonstrated ability to organize multiple tasks while ensuring accurate and timely task completion.
6. Demonstrated ability to communicate changes efficiently and effectively.
7. Required to maintain confidentiality, remain open to others’ ideas and exhibit willingness to try new things.
8. Proven ability to effectively communicate, in both written and verbal form, and excellent interpersonal skills with customers, managers, and co-workers while maintaining a positive and professional environment.
1. Reviews, processes, inputs and, as approved, prints and distributes checks for payment of vendor invoices and other accounts payable; contacts vendors with questions and/or responds to vendor inquiries and concerns; distributes vendor invoices for approval; inputs approved invoices; prepares biweekly payroll reports; prepares manual checks as approved.
2. Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
3. Reconciles credit cards into the ERP system to ensure all charges have been entered in E2
4. Prepares, reviews and reconciles quarterly and annual federal and state tax reports; including generating, reviewing and distributing W3s and 1099s and corresponding reports within mandated time frames.
5. Review monthly sales in conjunction to sales tax reports in E2 ERP system, prepare entry for sales tax for states requiring monthly or quarterly reporting.
6. Provides requested information to auditors, creates or generates related reports or schedules and locates and pulls requested information; as assigned, reviews and reconciles bank and account statements and compiles information for, drafts, develops and/or formats accounting, financial, budgetary or statistical reports and accounting and financial forms and documents.
7. Enters invoices into the ERP system as payables once received into the system by receiving department.
8. Assists management with various research projects and/or special projects.
9. Assists with the timely month end and yearly closing, entering Journal entries, reconciling the balance sheet accounts and generating month end reporting package.
10. Assists with the Year-end physical inventory and reconciliation and correction of any discrepancies.
11. Maintains records as appropriate for government reporting.
12. Conduct physical count of marketing/sales inventory and consumables and compile data. Enter adjustments into ERP system as needed.
13. Performs clerical functions including but not limited to: making copies, faxing documents, filing paperwork into appropriate employee files, and assists or prepares correspondence/new employee files.
14. Assists with bi-weekly Payroll documentation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed/assigned. This individual has the responsibility & authority to carry out tasks assigned by management.
Generally, the schedule is Monday-Friday during the day; however, certain events may require flexibility to ensure no disruption in services is experienced.
Primarily works indoors in an office setting. While performing the duties of this position, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Starting Wage per hour DOE
Relocation is not offered with this position
Come join our Team! We are currently hiring for a position doing General Production Assembly / Operator work on the manufacturing floor. Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / About / Careers Job Objective Operates machine tools such as lathes, drills, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to cut, […]Industrial Chemist I
Come join our Team in Moraine Ohio! We are currently hiring for an Industrial Chemist I. Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / About / Careers Job Objective This position will be an integral part of our production and product development teams. The position is primarily focused on the […]