Come join our Team! We are currently hiring for a Skilled Machinist.
Apply on line at our website at Proofresearch.com / About / Careers Tabs
Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic parts.
1. Associates Degree and 5+ years related experience and/or training preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
2. Specialized training in metalworking or manufacturing preferred.
3. Working knowledge and experience utilizing HAAS and Okuma CNC Machine controls for lathes and mills preferred.
4. Experience and Training in CAD/CAM software. MasterCam with post-processing lathe and mill CNC programs preferred.
5. Demonstrated ability to apply design principles while utilizing a keen attention to detail.
6. Proven ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
1. Fabricate tools, fixtures and components to support engineering and manufacturing in the building of precision molds.
2. Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
3. Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
4. Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
5. Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
6. Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
7. Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
8. Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
9. Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
10. Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
11. Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
12. Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
13. Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
14. Provides training and support to all manufacturing employees.
Monday-Friday, various shifts based on the needs of the organization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job; however, these may not be all inclusive.
While performing the duties of this position, work primarily occurs indoors in workshops equipped with various metalworking tools. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but routine safety procedures have removed most of the risks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This individual has the responsibility & authority to carry out tasks assigned by management.
Relocation is not offered with this position
Come join our Team! We are currently hiring for a position doing General Production Assembly / Operator work on the manufacturing floor. Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / About / Careers Job Objective Operates machine tools such as lathes, drills, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to cut, […]Apply More Details Manufacturing Engineer l
Come join our Team! We are currently hiring for a Manufacturing Engineer lApply on line at our website at Proofresearch.com / About / Careers Tabs Job ObjectivePlans, directs, and coordinates and performs manufacturing processes in an industrial plant.. Qualifications1. BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and a minimum of 3 years’ experience is preferred but […]Apply More Details