Come join our Team! We are currently hiring for a Painter / General Production Assembly work on the manufacturing floor.
Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / About / Careers
Operates hand tools, machining equipment and utilizing finishing material (sandpaper, etc.) to perform assembly and finishing work on gun components (primarily gun stocks) including final primer/paint.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required. Specialized training in metalworking or manufacturing preferred.
2. Basic mechanical and wood/composite/metalworking skills required with high attention to detail.
3. Knowledge and understanding of firearms and how they operate.
4. Demonstrated ability to utilize power and hand tools, including, but not limited to: drills, lathes, mills, grinders, sanders, or other wood and metalworking tools.
5. Proven ability to complete tasks in a precise and accurate manner.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors
1. Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions.
2. Positions and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
3. Operates machines and equipment other than machine tools.
4. Grinds, sands, cleans, or polishes objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools. Measure and mark equipment, objects, or parts to ensure standards are met.
5. Trims, scrapes, or deburrs objects or parts, using chisels, scrapers, and other hand tools and equipment.
6. Fills cracks or imperfections using appropriate compounds.
7. Applies special finishes for color and to prevent corrosion.
8. Record product and processing data and information on specified forms.
9. Set up and operates metalworking machines to cut, shape, and fit parts to machine various parts of a firearm.
10. Ensure that firearm is assembled to specifications and meets quality guidelines.
11. Performs painting processes to required components.
Current schedule is Monday – Thursday, 10 hour shifts (day shift 6:00am – 4:30pm). Possible evening shifts 4:40pm – 3:10am ), or Friday -Sunday 12 hour shifts (weekend shift 6:00am – 6:30pm), however shift schedules may vary and require flexibility as demanded by business requirements.
Primarily works indoors in workshops equipped with grinders, drill presses, lathes, drills, and various metalworking tools. Requires high attention to detail or deadlines. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but routine safety procedures have removed most of the risks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, reach, stretch and occasionally bend. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed/assigned. This individual has the responsibility & authority to carry out tasks assigned by management.
We are currently Hiring for All Shifts
Position Starting Wage -per hour DOE (additional Shift Differentials are paid for Evening and Weekend Shifts).
After an interview and for all accepted offers made, we hire our production personnel through the local temp agencies (some exceptions may apply).
Our goal is to convert qualified candidates to become a Proof employee with full benefits in less than 6 months on average depending on performance and company needs.
Relocation is not offered with this position
Come join our Team! We currently have several open positions doing General Production Assembly / Operator work on the manufacturing floor. Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / About / Careers Job ObjectiveOperates machine tools such as lathes, drills, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to cut, shape, and […]Apply More Details