Come join our Team!
We currently have a position open for a Controller to join our team!
Coordinate and direct the accounting, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all or part of the organization. Responsible for all general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll related functions, Provide schedules for all state and federal tax filings.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business field and 5 years’ experience managing an accounting function in the manufacturing industry preferred.
2. CMA or CPA designations preferred.
3. Other education and experience may be considered.
4. Demonstrated success in producing enduring, cost-effective solutions to business problems.
5. Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
6. Demonstrated ability to align processes with strategic goals and to manage multiple complex projects.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form with customers, co-workers, and supervisors. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
8. Proficient in working in a MRP/ERP system.
9. Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft programs.
1. Develops internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management and accounting.
2. Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
3. Review & advise requirements for compliance with federal, state, & local tax issues. Coordinate filing of applicable reports – compliance to include, but not limited to: Payroll Taxes, W-2/1099/ACA reporting, Sales Tax, Excise Tax, Corporate Income Tax, Property Tax, Annual Corporate stock ownership filings, etc.
4. Coordinate and prepare period end financial reporting package for Proof/ACD individually and on a consolidated basis: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow, Period Sales/Bookings/Backlog, Trend analysis, Prior period comparisons, annual budgets, etc. Coordinate & implement timeline for completion of period end close process and issuance of financial reporting components.
5. Protect financial assets by reviewing, monitoring, and advising internal controls for Bank/Cash Accounts, Fixed Assets & Inventory.
6. Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.
7. Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units.
8. Assist with additional financial projects as requested by management and department supervisors.
9. Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
10. Review & coordinate preparation of annual budgets by collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans; monitoring budget objectives analyzing variances & advising corrective actions.
11. Review & assist with implementation of E2 General Ledger & MRP system – with emphasis on identifying Key costing/Profitability analysis, Inventory valuation & Materials/Labor tracking requirements.
12. Monitor Finance Dept. staffing & training requirements and advise as necessary
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed/assigned. This individual has the responsibility & authority to carry out tasks assigned by management.
Generally, the schedule is Monday-Friday during the day; however, certain events may require flexibility to ensure no disruption in services is experienced.
Primarily works indoors in an office setting. While performing the duties of this position, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. On occasion, may include lifting up to 25 pounds for files.
**This position is located in MT. Travel may be required between both MT and Dayton locations**
Come join our Team! We currently have several open positions doing General Production Assembly / Operator work on the manufacturing floor. Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / About / Careers Job ObjectiveOperates machine tools such as lathes, drills, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to cut, shape, and […]Apply More Details Final Assembly / Full Builds and Stock Building Area
Come join our Team!As business continues to grow we are hiring for our Final Assembly / Full Builds and Stock Building Area No Experience is required for these entry level positions! We are currently hiring for team members to work in our Production Assembly Stock Building area on the manufacturing floor Job ObjectiveOperates hand tools, […]Apply More Details Administrative Assistant – Part Time
Come join our Team! We are currently hiring for a Part Time Administrative Assistant to work at the Front Desk. Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / About / Careers Job ObjectiveRepresent Proof Research in all interests as the first point of contact for visitors and callers. Perform […]Apply More Details