Come join our Team! We currently have several open positions doing General Production Assembly / Operator work on the manufacturing floor.
Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / About / Careers
Operates machine tools such as lathes, drills, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to cut, shape, and fit parts to fabricate various parts of a firearm.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required. Specialized training in metalworking or manufacturing preferred. but not required.
2. Basic mechanical and metalworking skills required.
3. Knowledge and understanding of firearms and how they operate.
4. Demonstrated ability to utilize power and hand tools, including, but not limited to: drills, lathes, grinders, mills, or other metalworking tools.
5. Proven ability to complete tasks in a precise and accurate manner.
6. Demonstrated ability to read and follow written instructions.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
1. Support all EH&S work instructions, policies, and procedures.
2. Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions.
3. Selects, positions, and secures tool in tool holder (i.e. chuck, collet, or tool post).
4. Positions and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
5. Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
6. Starts machine, directs coolant or cutting oil flow, and feeds tool to work piece or vice versa, and engages feed.
7. Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
8. Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
9. Operates machines and equipment other than machine tools.
10. Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools. Measure and mark equipment, objects, or parts to ensure standards are met.
11. Ensure that parts are machined to specifications and meets quality guidelines.
12. Compile, code, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit, or verify information or data.
13. Record product and processing data and information on specified forms.
Current schedule is Monday – Thursday, 10 hour shifts (day shift 6:20am – 4:50pm and evening shift 4:40pm – 3:10am ), Friday -Sunday 12 hour shifts (weekend shift 6:00am – 6:30pm), however shift schedules may vary and require flexibility as demanded by business requirements.
Primarily works indoors in workshops equipped with grinders, drill presses, lathes, drills, and various metalworking tools. Requires high attention to detail or deadlines. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but routine safety procedures have removed most of the risks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, reach, stretch and occasionally bend. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed/assigned. This individual has the responsibility & authority to carry out tasks assigned by management.
We are currently Hiring for All Shifts
Position Starting Wage -per hour DOE (additional Shift Differentials are paid for Evening and Weekend Shifts).
After an interview and for all accepted offers made, we hire our production personnel through the local temp agencies (some exceptions may apply).
Our goal is to convert qualified candidates to become a Proof employee with full benefits in approximately 3-4 months on average depending on performance and company needs.
Relocation is not offered with this position
Job ObjectiveThe Equipment / Facilities Supervisor position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, rebuild, restore and maintain production and facilities equipment. This position is responsible for the planning, coordinating and directing the operations of all equipment including the analysis of equipment needs and purchasing strategies, effective maintenance and repair programs, […]Apply More Details Machine Operators and General Assembly / Full Builds / Stocks Area – Full Time, Part Time and Summer Help
Come join our Team! We are now also hiring for Part Time and Temporary Summer position as well as our Full Time positions. No Experience is required for these entry level positions! We are currently hiring for team members to work as Machine Operators, Production Assembly / Full Builds and our Stock Building area on […]Apply More Details