Come join our Team. We are currently hiring for a GL/Cost Accountant position. Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / about / careers.
Performs financial functions related to the collection, accuracy, recording, analysis and presentation of a business, organization or company’s financial operations. Prepare journal entries, reconcile financial statements and accounts, and ensure data accuracy. Responsible for all general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, collections and audit related functions and the reduction of a company’s financial waste. Responsible for ensuring that transactions of a business have been properly accounted for and accurately reflect the company’s accounting process.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business field are required.
2. 3-4 years’ experience managing an accounting function in the manufacturing industry preferred. Other education and experience may be considered.
3. CMA or CPA designations preferred.
4. Experience in a manufacturing warehouse or facility a plus.
5. Demonstrated success in producing cost-effective solutions to business problems.
6. Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form with customers, co-workers, and supervisors. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
8. Knowledge accounting systems; experience with Microsoft Office Suite required. ERP experience is highly desirable.
9. Knowledge of 3rd party payroll processing system
1. Coordinate month end journal entries and prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations
2. Cash Flow analysis – review cash trends/monthly bank transactions & oversee bank reconciliations.
3. Prepare monthly statistics for Orders, Production, Shipments, Backlog (quantities & $) for Barrels, FB’s, Stocks.
4. Provide AP & AR oversight of daily functions & monthly reconciliations.
5. Coordinate and prepare quarterly financial reporting package for Proof/ACD individually and on a consolidated basis: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow, Period Sales/Bookings/Backlog, Trend analysis, Prior period comparisons, annual budgets, etc.
6. Understand requirements for compliance with federal, state, & local tax issues.
7. Coordinate and/or assist in filing of applicable reports and compliance to include, but not limited to: Payroll Taxes, W-2/1099/ACA reporting, Sales Tax, Excise Tax, Corporate Income Tax, Property Tax, Annual Corporate stock ownership filings, etc
8. Forecast vs Actual comparisons – Quarterly
9. Assist with additional financial projects as requested by management and department supervisors.
10. Assist in identifying opportunities and areas where improvements are needed.
11. Assist in preparation of annual budgets.
12. Compile Inventory valuation and obsolescence review- quarterly
13. Coordinate with manufacturing for ongoing development of ERP costing and inventory tracking.
14. Production Direct/Indirect/Overhead rates review & Margin Analysis – quarterly
15. Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units.
16. Provide assistance with bi-weekly payroll processing as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed/assigned. This individual has the responsibility & authority to carry out tasks assigned by management.
Generally, the schedule is Monday-Friday during 8-5pm; however, certain events may require flexibility of hours to ensure no disruption in services is experienced.
Primarily works indoors in an office setting. The work environment is a professional office environment While performing the duties of this position, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection. This position requires high attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may regularly need to sit or stand as needed. May require the use of hand to finger, handle, or feel, walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. On occasion, may include lifting up to 25 pounds for files.