Come join our Team. We are currently hiring for a Shipping / Receiving / Material Handler position. Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / about / careers
Receive, store, issue and ship material from the stockroom and warehouse. Transact and maintain transactional records of consumable/finished goods inventory within ERP/E2 concerning all inventory and material movement.
1. Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. High level of competency in ERP/MRP software and Microsoft Office programs required.
3. Demonstrated ability to implement and utilize manufacturing, purchasing, and production software.
4. Proven ability to work well under pressure in a business environment while completing tasks in an organized and accurate manner.
5. Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend instructions, memos, and other written communication as well as the ability to write professional correspondence.
6. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with vendors, staff, and managers of PROOF.
1. Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in the stockroom or warehouse.
2. Verify packing slip quantity to actual receipt of material.
3. Organize, maintain and monitor all consumable and finished goods inventory and inventory levels.
4. Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
5. Marks stock items using identification tags, stamps, or other labeling.
6. Coordinates and reports physical inventory counts. Assists in reconciling discrepancies. This may include adjusting/reporting the inventory counts and investigating the cause of inventory irregularities.
7. Kits jobs for production.
8. Reviews E2 reports to determine unused items and coordinates with the Management regarding disposal of excess stock.
9. Issue or distribute materials based on information from incoming orders or requisitions.
10. Pulls orders for shipment as completed orders become available.
11. Coordinate shipping activities with sales and finance.
12. Assists shipping with final shipments.
13. Maintains 6S principals in the work area.
14. Completes all other duties and tasks assigned.
Generally, the schedule is Monday-Friday during the day; however, certain events may require flexibility to ensure no disruption in services are experienced.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Primarily works indoors in an warehouse inventory/shipping/manufacturing plant setting. Occasionally will be required to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk, lift. and reach with hands and arms over head. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, sit, or crouch and climb a ladder. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Comfortable working moving up and down a ladder. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection. This position requires high attention to detail and/or deadlines. Must pass forklift certification training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No relocation package is offered with this position.