Come join our Team. We are currently hiring for a Weapons Development Engineer. Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / about / careers.
Plans, organizes, and executes product development activities for the various components of the firearms systems to meet company objectives for new products and improvements of existing product lines. This includes preparation of engineering drawings and specifications, test plans and technical reports, providing input for design and process improvement, and solving technical problems. Interacts with engineering, production, quality, research, and customer facing groups within the company.
1. BS in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 3 years’ experience required; work in firearms industry and product development preferred. Other equivalent education and relevant experience will be considered.
2. Proficiency in use of computer aided design and drafting. Solidworks experience required. Formal training in surfacing preferred.
3. Knowledge of GD&T, design for manufacture, and other general design principles.
4. Knowledge of metal working processes. Knowledge of composites design and fabrication preferred.
5. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and specifications, and governmental regulations.
6. Demonstrated ability to write test plans and interpret test results. Design of experiments knowledge preferred.
7. Willingness to learn the operation of and become proficient with various pieces of test equipment including high speed cameras and data acquisition systems.
8. Demonstrated ability to effectively present technical information to and respond to questions from management, other groups within the company and/or customers.
9. Proven ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
10. Proven ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and generate creative, engineered solutions to practical problems where limited or no standardization exists.
11. Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and on budget.
12. Experience working within ISO 9000, AS9100 or equivalent quality system.
13. Demonstrated firearms familiarity and competency in firearms safety.
1. Lead projects, processes and other product development activities.
2. Follow methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures, research findings, and progress.
3. Follow engineering documentation procedures.
4. Select and apply existing design methodologies and technologies or new products or improvement for existing ones.
5. Work with the Operations team to ensure design intent is fulfilled and assist in developing capabilities needed for new products including fixturing and tooling.
6. Develop and execute test plans for developmental and/or production products. Analyze test data and prepare reports for engineering and management personnel.
7. Work with the Quality team to define critical metrics for production monitoring and to understand customer return and internal rejection concerns to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
8. Provide technical information for creation of sales and marketing materials and support Customer Service team with regard to same.
9. Coordinate as required with other internal groups including manufacturing engineering, purchasing, quality control, sales, production, and accounting personnel.
10. Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
11. Perform hands-on work on barrels, firearms, and accessories, including assembly/disassembly, inspection, measurement, and repair/modification.
12. Coordinate with the Director of Engineering and Product Development to evaluate, analyze, and make recommendations on products, designs, and cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed/assigned. This individual has the responsibility & authority to carry out tasks assigned by management.
Generally, the schedule is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; however, certain events may require additional hours and flexibility. Minimal travel could be required.
Primarily works indoors in an office/manufacturing plant setting. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in the office setting and moderate in the plant setting. Higher noise levels will be experienced in firearm test firing ranges while performing duties. Firearm safety is a critical aspect of the work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Come join our Team. We are currently hiring for an Account Manager to join our Sales Team. Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / about / careers. Job Objective Account Managers are responsible for all aspects of product sales with their accounts. This includes maintaining existing relationships with stores […]Industrial Chemist I
Come join our Team in Moraine Ohio! We are currently hiring for an Industrial Chemist I. Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / About / Careers Job Objective This position will be an integral part of our production and product development teams. The position is primarily focused on the […]